terça-feira, 24 de janeiro de 2012

Host Letter

Como estou aqui sem fazer nada, vou postar pra vocês a minha carta para a host family. Provavelmente eu vou mudar algumas coisinhas depois, mas o básico está aqui:

Hello! My name is Natália and I’m almost 16 years old. I live in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, with my mom Sonali, my little brother Thiago and our dog Molly. My dad André doesn’t live with us. I go to Rosário High School since 8th grade. There I made a lot of new friends, but I still talk and hang out with my friends from the other school. In summer I always visit one of my best friends who lives in another state. We know each other since we were babies, so we’re like sisters. Talking about school again, I don’t really like P.E, because my favorite sport is tennis and we can’t play it at school. I’ve been playing it for about 5 years with my twin friends. I also like soccer, but I just go to the stadium with my dad and my brother to watch the games and eat popcorn.
You might find this weird, but I don’t eat meat and I don’t like soda. Like my dad says, when it’s about food, I’m very picky. Talking about food, I’m not a good cook, but I’d love teaching you how to make brigadeiro which is a typical candy from Brazil. I can’t say what my favorite food is, because I love everything my mom and my grandma cook. But I DO love chocolate, ice cream and all those fattening things. My friend Nina and I sometimes cook just for fun.
On my free time I like to go to the mall, to the movies, to watch series like Pretty Little Liars and The Vampire Diaries, to go to parties, to hang out with my friends, and sometimes I like to do something different, like when me, my dad and my brother went to a boat tour. It was super nice and we had a lot of fun! Sometimes my friends and I are a little crazy. We turn the music up and just sing and dance. I love to spend time with them, we’re always laughing. Music? Well, on my iTunes you can find Adele, Bruno Mars, Colbie Caillat, Coldplay, Demi Lovato, Jonas Brothers, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift and a little bit more. I’ll never forget when my dad and I went to São Paulo to go to a Jonas Brothers’ show. It was amazing! Oh, I also love traveling! I haven’t gone to a lot of places, but I loved all of the ones I’ve been to. It was super cool to see different cultures around the world. So I want to try out your culture.
Since I was a kid, when I watched “Barney and Friends” I used to say that I wanted to study at the same school as those kids. The time started to pass by, and I still wanted to study at an American school. When I got older, I asked my mom if I could go and live my “dream” and she said yes! And here I am, writing you this letter. I think that by being an exchange student I’ll be able to live some experiences I’d never be able to if I was at home, living the same routine. I think I’ll come back to Brazil with another point of view about most of the things. And I hope to be able to learn more about the American way of life.
I hope you host me!
Natália.

A carta da minha mãe eu vou colocar em outro post, senão esse aqui vai ficar muito grande. Se precisar, eu faço um outro post com essa carta traduzida pra português. A original da minha mãe já está em português, então creio eu que vai ser mais fácil.
Beijos, Natália.

4 comentários:

  1. Sua carta ficou super completinha e ficou ótima!
    E o melhor foi que você foi super verdadeira com os seus ideais, melhor do que mentir, então a família que te hospedar será bem parecida e te entenderá bem.
    Sou a sua nova e assídua leitora,
    Fernanda.
    Beijinhos.

    ResponderExcluir
    Respostas
    1. Fico muito feliz em saber que tu gostou da minha carta, de verdade! Eu tentei ser o mais "eu" possível e espero ter conseguido. Também estou muito feliz por ser minha leitora! Obrigada por me acompanhar :) Beijos.

      Excluir
  2. Oi Natália tudo bem? Sou o Felippe dos outros comentários! Então, hoje fui na agência com a minha mãe e... TUDO CERTO!!!!! Fechamos o pacote e vou passar 10 meses nos EUA em colégio público tbm! Vou fazer o Slep Test semana que vem, e depois disso já vou começar a preencher o Application! Cara to muito ansioso! :P

    ResponderExcluir
  3. Oi Felippe. Tudo bem e contigo? Imagino que tu esteja ótimo depois dessa notícia! Fiquei muito contente por ti! Boa sorte no Slep Test, vai com calma que ele não é difícil. Boa sorte com tudo aí! Beijos.

    ResponderExcluir